Below are some of the Facebook groups I've founded and manage. If you would like to join any of the groups, just click the "join" button and answer any of the questions, or agree to the rules (if asked). As you can see, there are several Mandolin and Violin-related groups to choose from.
- Mandolin Players - this is the largest group with over 4,000 members. Founded in 2015, I spend the most amount of time managing this group. It is mostly for mandolinists to post their videos and sound recordings.
- Mandolin Business - this group was founded in 2017 when I realized that many people were joining the other group to ask questions about products or to post their products and services for sale to members. Because I think these are legitimate and members should be able to share them, but want the main group to be spam-free, I realized a primarily business-related group was a good idea.
- Mandolin 4 Beginners - this is a group that helps new mandolin players get started
- Mandola Players' Guild - this group was founded in 2018 for people that only play mandola who wish to talk specifically about this instrument.
- Mandocellos - a group for people who play mandocello
- The Octave Mandolin Association - for people who want to learn about Octave mandolins and Irish bouzoukis
- The Classical Mandolin Society - for mandolinists who want to focus on Classical music specifically
- The Mandobass Association - the Mandobass is an unusual instrument. This is a group for this tiny subset of the general mandolin population
- The Facebook Fiddle Society - The Fiddle Society is a place where fiddlers can discuss anything related to fiddles, fiddling and fiddle players!
- The Fiddler's Guild - a nonprofit dedicated to supporting the interests of new and experienced fiddle players with a small monthly fee and weekly perks
Celtic / Other Music
- Celtic & Ancient Music - Celtic and Ancient Music from Western Europe
- Celtic Mandolin - I started this group to share the tunes I was playing on the mandolin. I haven't recorded anything recently
- Celtic Calamity - a page for the Thursday night Celtic Group Class
- Klezmer - a group for people who love this lively Jewish music. Klezmer is a musical tradition of the Ashkenazi Jews of Eastern Europe. Played by professional musicians called klezmorim in ensembles known as kapelye, the genre originally consisted largely of dance tunes and instrumental display pieces for weddings and other celebrations.